Senior Art Director / Art Director, PracticeLink
July 2015–April 2018
While continuing to perform almost all of the design tasks from my previous role, I now also design and produce PracticeLink Magazine (80+ pages quarterly) and additional marketing collateral (e.g. case studies, infographics, vendor kits). I have built and designed spreadsheets for internal, cross-departmental processes and metrics. I manage a production coordinator. I work with the CIO to design our web properties. I source and art direct contract illustrators and contract videographers.
- I created and implemented a brand identity for the company.
- I redesigned PracticeLink Magazine.
- I redesigned PracticeLink’s When to Do What in Your Job Search guidebook.
- I delivered a presentation, 21 Ways to Apply the Getting Things Done Methodology, at the 2016 annual company meeting.
- I worked with the CIO to redesign the home page of PracticeLink.com.
- I improved the efficiency of many processes across the department.
- For over 9 months, we had no designer to fill my previous role, so I performed all the tasks of both positions.
Graphic Designer & Production Coordinator, PracticeLink
June 2014–July 2015
I designed and produced marketing pieces, including the quarterly PracticeLink inTouch Newsletter, brand identity assets, trade show booths, sales collateral, web graphics, presentations, and swag. I sourced and directed contract photographers for the quarterly magazine. I analyzed our magazine distribution data to build reports for clients.
- I improved the appearance and consistency of our art across the board.
- I redesigned the PracticeLink inTouch Newsletter.
- I created a logic process for building and filtering our magazine distribution list (100,000+ addresses) from dozens of source lists.
- I greatly sped up the process of coordinating our magazine advertisers’ art.
- I overhauled our team’s production calendar and implemented a more deadline-conscious workflow across the department.
Design Consultant, Asbury University, JRN 306
I helped the students in Asbury’s Print and Digital Magazines class produce a magazine from start to finish. My responsibilities included lecturing on graphic design theory and InDesign paradigms, teaching the students how to construct a grid, offering one-on-one design feedback, directing group critiques, and supervising preflight and print production.
August 2008–June 2014
Design Intern, Asbury University, Office of Public Relations
Web and Graphic Designer, Asbury University, Development Department
The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary · 2016
Master of Divinity, 3.94 GPA
Asbury University · 2009
Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude
I have a wide range of experience with editorial design, identity design and branding, packaging and swag, illustration, print production, and graphic design for web and digital media. I have some photography and videography experience, and I am a skilled video editor.
I am a seasoned editor and proofreader. I love to outline and organize things, and I have been using David Allen’s Getting Things Done productivity methodology for ten years
Available on request